Spadina Literary Review
Issue #34 December 2019
Thanks for visiting the Spadina Literary Review.
General editorial email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be notified when our next edition appears online, email us at email@example.com
Here's some background on some of the contributors to this issue. Activated links will appear in a new window:
- Gabriella Bedetti ("Perfect Form") teaches "Comedy as an Artistic Approach" at Eastern Kentucky University and blogs poems at lexpomo.com.
- Shauna Checkley ("High Strung like a Siamese") lives in Regina with her family and three cats, and is involved in local cat rescue.
- Robert Currie ("Lipton (Sask.) Ball Tournment") lives in Moose Jaw and is a former Poet Laureate of Saskatchewan. Robert's poetry collection, The Days Run Away, is available from Coteau Books.
- Holly Day ("What Keeps Me") is a Minneapolis-based writer and poet whose recent poetry collections include I'm in a Place Where Reason Went Missing and Into the Cracks.
- Duru Gungor ("That Jasmine Scent") is a professor of English and Communication at Fanshawe College in London, Ont. Besides writing fiction, Duru dabbles in ink painting and aikido.
- Tiffany Hsieh ("Lipstick") lives in Stouffville, Ont.
- Elga Mannik ("Angels of Sarajevo") is the Europe-based associate editor of the Spadina Literary Review.
- Don McLellan ("The Phenom") has worked as a journalist in Canada, South Korea, & Hong Kong. Learn about Don's story collections, In the Quiet After Slaughter and Brunch with the Jackals, at donmclellan.com.
- James Nelson ("The Hard Border" and "Mythical Moments") is a writer and cartoonist in Dublin, Ireland. Visit James's newly-launched website, artwriteonline.
- Steven Tutino (Cover art) is a poet, artist, and recently-certified personal trainer who is completing an MA in Theological Studies at Concordia in Montreal.
- Louis Zatzman ("After the Takeover") is a bartender and freelance sports writer in Toronto.
THAT'S ALL FOR THIS ISSUE, SO...